Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Various - MERRY MIXMAS (2005)












































Genre:
Electronic, Jazz
Style:
Big Band, Downtempo, Future Jazz


Notes:
All arrangers, conductors, orchestras, producers and vocals are part of the original recordings. All remixers are new artists, as are the additional or backing vocals or instruments.

Tracklist:

01 Bing Crosby - Winter Wonderland (Bent Remix)
02 Nat King Cole Trio, The - All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) (MJ Cole Remix)
03 Dean Martin - Baby, It's Cold Outside (ARP Remix)
04 Ella Fitzgerald - Sleigh Ride (The Latin Project Remix)
05 Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby (Alexkid & DJ Seep Remix
06 Lou Rawls - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (awayTeam Remix)
07 Lena Horne - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (Suedojazz Mix)
08 Billy May - Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Raindeer Mambo (Malibu Remix)
09 Kay Starr - (Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man With The Bag (Thunderball Mix)
10 Les Brown And His Band Of Renown - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Psapp's Lady Remix)
11 Johnny Mercer - With Pied Pipers, The Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (Q-Burns Abstract Message Remix) 12 Nancy Wilson - The Christmas Waltz (awayTeam Remix)
13 Julie London - I'd Like You For Christmas (Ursula 1000 Remix)
14 June Christy - The Merriest (Thunderball Mix)
15 Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Markus Enochson Remix)


Link to download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/78599552/merry2005.rar.html

"I'm one who really likes this kind of funky, ultra-modern mixed up type of music. However, I've found that once you own one or two discs, all the rest of it sounds the same. I took a chance on this one based on reviews I read here, and I was not disappointed. It is GREAT. A total jam from beginning to end. If this is your kind of music, THIS cd will make you very, very happy. The mixes are different- different beats, different voices, different artists. Try it, you'll love it!"

"I'm a huge fan of Christmas music and holiday music in general, and usually don't think they should be messed with, but Merry Mixmas is the exception. It was remixed in a very subtle way that still allows me to enjoy some of my favorite Xmas songs with a little extra flare. This one should be bought and listened to while decorating the tree."

"These are classic Christmas tunes delicately blended with some new grooves. They have that classic sound that made you fall in love with them in the first place but with an updated groove. If you have listened to other remixed Christmas CD's and found them over-mixed, then give this a listen.
A few songs that stand out are Dean Martin's "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and Ella Fitzgerald's "Sleigh Ride". Both these artists wonderful voices really standout with the addition of a little bassline. Lena Horne's "Let It Snow!" and Nancy Wilson's "Christmas Waltz" put me squarely in the curved booth in the corner with a warm Hot Toddy.
There is also some fun stuff here. Billy May's "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer Mambo" gives Christmas a latin groove. "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" with Johnny Mercer is fun and upbeat as is Kay Starr's "The Man With The Bag".
Bing Crosby almost escapes unscathed here.
If you tire of the originals year after year but still think something would be missing without the classics, then pick this up.
The only reason I give this CD four stars out of five is that I do prefer my remixes a little more mixed. I love the Christmas Remixed CD's but I know a few people who think they remove too much from the originals. This CD really stays close to the originals while still adding some great grooves. Merry Mixmas preserves some true classics for a new generation."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home